na

This is a discussion on na within the Family Law Questions forums, part of the Legal Questions & Answers Forum category; how binding are verbal agreements?...

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    SLB
    SLB is offline
    Junior Member
    Points: 4, Level: 1
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%

    na

    how binding are verbal agreements?


  2. #2
    Administrator
    Points: 110,886, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Some verbal agreements can be binding but it depends on the facts and circumstances of specific cases. There is something known as the statute of frauds that requires certain contracts to be in writing in order to be enforceable.
    Legal Disclaimer: Answers to questions on this forum are for informational and educational purposes only and do not constitute Legal Advice. No attorney-client relationship is established through this forum.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Points: 557, Level: 11
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered500 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

    Virtually 90% of contracts are verbal and just as binding as written contracts. The seven exceptions (wow a long time since Law School - may be 5 exceptions) to verbal contracts make up the other 10% (predominantly agreements relevant to real property).